In conversation, Nigel and Alex discuss;
- The County Council's responsibilities for local transport and infrastructure.
- Providing evening and Sunday bus services.
- Demand responsive bus services for rural areas.
- The current state of the roads.
- Solutions for repair of the roads, including use of recycled material to reduce enviromental impact.
- The impact of Covid-19 on public and private transport.
- The number of HGVs on unsuitable local roads and solutions.
- Enforcing cycle and pedestrian routes in new developments and possible solutions for current routes.
Alex Beveridge is the Liberal Democrat candidate for Pulborough, West Chiltington, Thakeham and Coldwaltham and currently works as a financial journalist, having launched a sustainable finance group for some of Europe's largest pension funds. You can find out more here: https://www.arundelsouthdowns-libdems.org.uk/pulborough And on Facebook: @AlexBevLibDem